Just For Laughs
All in a days work…
(The saga of the Claims Adjusting Department.)
Many people who experience automobile accidents were asked to explain what happened in as few words as possible on their insurance forms. Below is a list of the most entertaining reasons given.
- Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.
- The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention.
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- A truck backed through my windshield into my wife’s face.
- A pedestrian hit me and went under my car.
- The guy was all over the road; I had to swerve a number of times before I finally hit him.
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
- I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision. I did not see the other car.
- I had been driving my car for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
- As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian.
- My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle.
- An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my vehicle and vanished.
- I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found I had skull fracture.
- I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the roadway when I struck him.
- The pedestrian had no idea which direction to go, so I ran over him.
- The telephone pole was approaching fast. I was attempting to swerve out of its path when it struck my front.
- I was unable to stop in time and my car crashed into the other vehicle. The driver and passengers then left immediately for vacation with injuries.
Caution: This is simply to add humor to your day. Please do not use any other reasons listed above when filling out the claims form.